Things That Make You Go: Mind = Blown
I’m sure that you’re out there in the social media world in some way, shape or form. I know I am! Facebook, Twitter, Google, Linkedin and YouTube are just a few. Social media is not a fad, not even close; it’s simply a common means to communicate. Like when you see a friend’s computer sitting there, all alone (you know where I’m going with this!), and deserted, and their Facebook page is open. That social media world is at the mercy of your fingertips! So naturally, you can’t help but type out how awesome you are and how lucky that friend is to know you!
Did you know there are over a billion users on Facebook today? That’s crazy! If Facebook were a country, it would be the world’s third largest and twice the size of the U.S. population! In fact, one in five divorces are blamed on Facebook.
Are you “friends” with your parents on at least one of the social media outlets? Today, 69 percent of parents said they are “friends” with their children on some social media site. Did you know that 92 percent of children in the U.S. have a digital footprint?
For those of you who are looking for internships or jobs, Linkedin is a very good place to start. Every second of the day, two new members join LinkedIn! More people join LinkedIn per day than the entire enrollment of all the IVY League schools! Think about that!
Has your mind been blown yet? Keep reading…
- Lady Gaga, Justin Bieber and Katy Perry have more Twitter followers than the entire populations of Germany, Turkey, South Africa, Canada, Argentina, United Kingdom and Egypt.
- Over 50 percent of the world’s population is under 30 years old.
- Every day, 20 percent of Google searches have never been searched before.
- Every 60 seconds that goes by, 72 hours of video is uploaded to YouTube.
- If Wikipedia were made into a book, it would be 2.25 million pages long.
- What happens in Vegas stays on YouTube, Flickr, Twitter, Facebook…
Who knows what I’m going to talk about next, you’ll just have to come back and see! GO OILERS!