Things That Make You Go: Mind = Blown

Posted on February 11th, by Derrick The Oiler in The Bearded Blogger. 2 comments

Like

Derrick Blogging 2.1I’m sure that you’re out there in the social media world in some way, shape or form. I know I am! Facebook, Twitter, Google, Linkedin and YouTube are just a few. Social media is not a fad, not even close; it’s simply a common means to communicate. Like when you see a friend’s computer sitting there, all alone (you know where I’m going with this!), and deserted, and their Facebook page is open. That social media world is at the mercy of your fingertips! So naturally, you can’t help but type out how awesome you are and how lucky that friend is to know you!

Did you know there are over a billion users on Facebook today? That’s crazy! If Facebook were a country, it would be the world’s third largest and twice the size of the U.S. population! In fact, one in five divorces are blamed on Facebook.SocialParents

SocialPeopleAre you “friends” with your parents on at least one of the social media outlets? Today, 69 percent of parents said they are “friends” with their children on some social media site. Did you know that 92 percent of children in the U.S. have a digital footprint?

For those of you who are looking for internships or jobs, Linkedin is a very good place to start. Every second of the day, two new members join LinkedIn! More people join LinkedIn per day than the entire enrollment of all the IVY League schools! Think about that!

Has your mind been blown yet? Keep reading…

• Lady Gaga, Justin Bieber and Katy Perry have more Twitter followers than the entire populations of Germany, Turkey, South Africa, Canada, Argentina, United Kingdom and Egypt.
  • Over 50 percent of the world’s population is under 30 years old.
  • Every day, 20 percent of Google searches have never been searched before.
  • Every 60 seconds that goes by, 72 hours of video is uploaded to YouTube.
  • If Wikipedia were made into a book, it would be 2.25 million pages long.
  • What happens in Vegas stays on YouTube, Flickr, Twitter, Facebook…

Who knows what I’m going to talk about next, you’ll just have to come back and see! GO OILERS!

Follow me on:
Facebook OilTwitter Oil

• http://www.solveitmedia.com/ solveitmedia.com

My personal favorite is targeting interests, if you master this your marketing efforts will greatly improve. It’s not easy but like anything else the more you do it the better you’ll get. Facebook is definitely the best opportunity to promote your blogs IMO good luck!

• Miranda Rife

I’m pretty sure the song you’re think of is Pompeii by Bastille!

Here is the video, please let me know if this is what you’re looking for or not!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F90Cw4l-8NY

From the Blog

Wondering what it's really like to be at The University of Findlay? Follow our bloggers and read—and sometimes listen and watch—their experiences. Real Oilers. Real stories. Real life.

Barn Bonding

From freshman year, animal science students get to attend classes at the barn. Beginning sophomore year, we have animal care as homework and a...

Barn Rodeo!

Monday morning was exciting and fun as I went to the barn to help break in the new calves for the Show Cattle Team....

Madison Simmons, RA!

So it looked and seemed like forever until it was move-in day, but it came up really fast. This year, I am honored and...

Back from Japan and back on a farm!

Now that I’m back from Japan, I stay busy working at Belle Vie Farm and doing some landscaping.  At the...

Goodbyes and Good Food!

Our last week in Japan went by super fast. The first half of the week consisted of saying our goodbyes to everyone at Rakuno...

Tokyo, Tomoya and Tomoki!

Our last three days in Japan were spent sight seeing and shopping around in Tokyo. Tokyo is a humongous city!!...

Week 2 at Rakuno Gakuen University

Our second week is done and was full of some new adventures and experiences in the animal clinic at Rakuno Gakuen University. While working...

An appetite for adventure!

(Editor’s Note: Madison is on a summer study tour for pre-veterinary medicine students at Rakuno Gakuen University in Ebetsu, Hokkaido, Japan. The University of...

What a year!

I have just finished one of the best years of my life! Finishing my first year of college feels amazing and quite an accomplishment....

Saying Goodbye

A couple weeks ago I closed my last show at Findlay.  It was bittersweet, as have been all the goodbyes I’ve said.  I know...

It’s Crunch Time!

The year has been winding down quickly! It feels like just yesterday I was moving in, meeting my roommate, unpacking my stuff, and saying...

Graduation Bucketlist

Over the course of four years it’s tough to keep track of all the things you’ve done and the things still left to do...

A Weekend in Orlando

This spring, a group of Findlay pharmacy students and faculty had the opportunity to travel down to Orlando, FL for the national American Pharmacists...

SSC

What would you say to a whole day off of classes, free food everywhere, plus students and faculty getting awards and showing...

Grief and You

Letting go is never easy, no matter how much it may be necessary.  There is no easy way to say goodbye to people and...