Thanksgiving Break = Study Time

Posted on November 22nd, by Khushboo leuva in Earning a Degree - Learning a Culture. 2 comments

Thanksgiving is around the corner. For most of us its time to relax, hangout with friends, and start shopping for Christmas with available deals on Black Friday. But the other side of Thanksgiving is it sets the stage for final exams for students. For most of us, it’s a crucial time to catch up on assignments and readings in order to prepare for finals. So I assume that apart from having a big feast on Thursday, most of our attention will be on preparing for finals over the weekend. I hope it has been a successful semester for everyone so far, but I understand that may not be the case for every student. So here are 3 tips for getting back on your feet:

studying

1) Play hard Work hard!

You’ve got full days during this thanksgiving break to do what you want. Remember though, when school returns we will be getting down to crunch time. If you’ve fallen behind on the semester’s work, you can use this time to get yourself back to pace.

2) Prioritize study time

Thanksgiving break is a nice time to figure out what in our plans worked, what didn’t and what we could do to improve further. Also it’s a great time to figure out final schedules (if you have not already), study spaces and study plans. Some like to study in groups while others prefer to study alone in library. So depending upon your preference, we have many places on campus where one can study. Some of my favorite places are the AMU,  Shafer Library and George House Coffee.

3) Ask for help, if you need to!

If you are still uneasy or unsure about how your semester is going, this is definitely the time to reach out to your professors, teaching assistants and advisors. If you have not done so, it’s still perfectly fine to find out about your class grades and see what your professors’ expectations are of you. Depending on your performance, you could also speak to your advisers about steps you should take for the rest of the semester. It could be for academic difficulties,  over-involvement, etc. The point is to work together to find a solution to whatever problems you may be facing.

So I hope you take this Thanksgiving period to re-energize for the last push of the semester. Remember: it is never too late to turn things around for worse or (preferably) better!! Good luck!
photo credit: orangeacid via photopin cc

• Frustrated

how do i get to the final exams schedule on the website?

• http://www.thecareerpeople.com/ Work Experience Degree

Hi,
    Life experience degrees or work experience degree can be obtained based on your past achievements for a life experience bachelor degree.

From the Blog

Wondering what it's really like to be at The University of Findlay? Follow our bloggers and read—and sometimes listen and watch—their experiences. Real Oilers. Real stories. Real life.

Barn Rodeo!

Monday morning was exciting and fun as I went to the barn to help break in the new calves for the Show Cattle Team....

Madison Simmons, RA!

So it looked and seemed like forever until it was move-in day, but it came up really fast. This year, I am honored and...

Back from Japan and back on a farm!

Now that I’m back from Japan, I stay busy working at Belle Vie Farm and doing some landscaping.  At the...

Goodbyes and Good Food!

Our last week in Japan went by super fast. The first half of the week consisted of saying our goodbyes to everyone at Rakuno...

Tokyo, Tomoya and Tomoki!

Our last three days in Japan were spent sight seeing and shopping around in Tokyo. Tokyo is a humongous city!!...

Week 2 at Rakuno Gakuen University

Our second week is done and was full of some new adventures and experiences in the animal clinic at Rakuno Gakuen University. While working...

An appetite for adventure!

(Editor’s Note: Madison is on a summer study tour for pre-veterinary medicine students at Rakuno Gakuen University in Ebetsu, Hokkaido, Japan. The University of...

What a year!

I have just finished one of the best years of my life! Finishing my first year of college feels amazing and quite an accomplishment....

Saying Goodbye

A couple weeks ago I closed my last show at Findlay.  It was bittersweet, as have been all the goodbyes I’ve said.  I know...

It’s Crunch Time!

The year has been winding down quickly! It feels like just yesterday I was moving in, meeting my roommate, unpacking my stuff, and saying...

Graduation Bucketlist

Over the course of four years it’s tough to keep track of all the things you’ve done and the things still left to do...

A Weekend in Orlando

This spring, a group of Findlay pharmacy students and faculty had the opportunity to travel down to Orlando, FL for the national American Pharmacists...

SSC

What would you say to a whole day off of classes, free food everywhere, plus students and faculty getting awards and showing...

Grief and You

Letting go is never easy, no matter how much it may be necessary.  There is no easy way to say goodbye to people and...

It’s never too early to get experience

Meet Amber Dingeldein, Findlay’s Best!

So, you must get to know the most useful resource on campus that I discovered — the Internships...